Hello Band family,
I hope this email finds you and your families safe and healthy. My own family is enjoying our time together at home (my son is almost 15 months and loves to play!) and missing our friends, families and students (my wife is an elementary teacher in Charlotte). Please read this email in its entirety as it deals with our new reality of no face-to-face instruction for the rest of the school year.
1. PLEASE read every email I send out from now until the end of school (May 28). I’ll be honest…. total digital operations with a program our size can be daunting, and thus I will need to be even more persistent to communicate things. I wanted to wait until Gov. Copper’s decision on Friday before releasing information for Marching Band signups, as well as important end of year activities. Over the next few weeks, I will be sending emails with information as I get it from our district, administration and staff/booster board.
2. Marching Band information will be released this week. Because our spring training camp has now been cancelled, all marching band sign ups and recruitment will be held ONLINE. Please share this information with anyone you think would be interested in marching band for 2020! AS OF NOW, I AM PLANNING A FULL SEASON! You DON’T want to miss it
3. Instrument and Equipment Drop Offs will be handled at the end of May. I am working with my administration and other teachers to schedule drop-off days towards the end of May for me to collect instruments, music, folders, equipment, supplies and checkout band owned things for summer use. We will devise a plan that is safe and efficient for everyone. Students in the meantime should start checking and gathering school owned equipment (music, supplies, instruments, etc.) just so we know where everything is.
4. Band Banquet and Senior Awards will be “rethought” over the next few weeks. I will share that information as I get it. Seniors, be on the lookout for separate emails… I want to do something special for you :). We will try to do as much as we can for the Banquet!
5. Keep checking Google Classroom and other forms of communication. I will use all Google platforms and Remind to get out information. Do you best to stay informed!
6. Help us recruit for next year! Know someone who may be a great addition for our colorguard? Have a friend who may want to join band? Reach out to them!!! A lot of recruitment events were planned for April and May…. guess what?!? YOU GUYS ARE OUR BEST FORM OF RECRUITMENT!
In this time of uncertainty, please know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers. I am SO bummed that our year has ended like this. We will do our best to honor our seniors and think back on all of our memories, and plan for another great year at NL! I sincerely hope all of you stay safe and enjoy your time with your families.