Dear marching band family,
This week’s rehearsal schedule includes our three normal after school rehearsals (Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday) 4-7pm as well as our Mini Camp on Saturday from 8am-8:30pm.
Mini-Camp – Saturday, August 24 8am-8:30pmThe mini camp is an extremely important day for our marching band, as we begin adding details to our show, perfecting music and drill, and begin working with our props on the field. It is vital that all students attend and are on time. I know of a few seniors who have the SAT that morning. Please get here as soon as you can. As this date was on the calendar released back in April, there should be no unexcused absences.
This camp will follow the same time blocks as full band camp. Block 1 will be 8-11:30am with a snack break. Students will have from 11:30am-1:00pm for lunch (they may leave campus with a parent note). Block 2 will be from 1-4:30pm. Dinner will be 4:30-6pm (same procedure for leaving campus). Block 3 will be 6-8:30pm. Students are encouraged to eat a healthy breakfast, make wise food choices for lunches and dinners, bring all their materials (music, hats, drill, sunscreen) and get a good night rest the night before. A lot of learning will take place this week… very exciting! And yes, students may leave campus for both lunch and dinner. This is not typically, but a reward for working hard and with great attitudes
A few things to consider:
1. Please remember our Disney Trip Meeting on Thursday, Aug. 29 at 7pm in the auditorium immediately after marching practice. We will end that practice slightly early (around 6:40) to accommodate everyone. More information and reminders will sent later this week.
2. We had a GREAT turnout for our first Band Parent meeting at camp! In the next few week, a lot of Sign-up Geniuses and other calls for volunteers will be sent out. Please read all your emails, parents, and help out where you can. It truly takes a village to move this band each Saturday!
3. Butter Braids fundraiser is in full swing! Please refer back to Vicki Messler’s email regarding this very important student fundraiser. All families are encouraged to participate… it’s a great way to pay down band fees AND start working towards that Disney trip
4. Please continue to check the website and Facebook page regularly for alerts and announcements. We will do our best to keep those important communication tools updated. Don’t forget about the Remind text system… text “nlbok19” to 81010 to join.
5. Concert Band students should make sure they are signed up for the Remind group. Text “nlhsconc” to 81010.
We are off to a terrific start! The positive vibes and attitudes from the students are really contagious, and it is quite enjoyable to work with such a fun and energetic group! Keep it up! We are close to having nearly 2/3rds of the show on the field, and the 3rd movement about to be started. Now if only this humidity would go away… oh well, can’t have everything!
Please let me know if you have any questions.