Dear marching band student and parent,
This email contains information regarding our first show of the season, the Lincoln County Marching Band Preview as well as logistics for travel.
Lincoln County Marching Band Preview – Saturday, September 14, 2019
11:45 Call Time
12:00 Rehearsal (in stadium)
2:15 Loading/snack/change into half uniform
3:45 Depart NLHS via activity bus
4:15 Arrive LHS/unload instruments
5:00 Combined National Anthem rehearsal
5:45 Dinner (pizza)
7:00 Warmup and Performance of Within the Garden!
9:00 Combined Anthem Performance* 40-plus year tradition in LCS!!! VERY COOL!
10:00 Depart LHS
10:30 Arrive NLHS/unload
A few things to consider:1. Students will wear Full uniforms for this event. All students who wear the uniform will need their 2019 show shirt, BLACK LONG dress socks, and their band shoes. We will ride over in 1/2 uniform (bottoms and show shirts) and put on the jackets after the National Anthem practice. Students will receive instructions next week on proper uniform wear and care.
2. Colorguard members will need their make-up, hair products and undergarments for their uniforms. We will talk more in class about this.
3. Students will need $2 for pizza. Please bring your money to practice on Thursday, Sept. 12 and give to Ms. DeAngelis.
4. I will go over bus and travel protocols with students next week. It is my policy that students must ride the buses to any show/performance – VERY FEW EXCEPTIONS. I also expect students to ride back to the school on the buses. We are a family and a team… we start AND finish things together. However, if a parent feels that it is best to take their student home after a show, they must submit in writing their intent to do so 48 hrs. in advance AND check their student out with the appropriate bus chaperone. I will trust your judgment but I ask that this only be for extraneous circumstances
5. We ALWAYS unload the trucks after a show. This is part of the reason why I ask that students return on buses. Everyone will help out and unload as a team. Plus that means we get to go home earlier since more hands make lighter work
6. Students will need $$ if they want to eat after our performance. Most competitions charge for admission and concessions so you will need cash. Please consider eating dinner at Lincolnton HS as the Preview serves as a fundraiser for LHS and WLHS bands. They come to our show, so we’ll support them
7. Make sure you are a part of the Remind text (text @nlbok to 81010) as this is the main method of communication during a show day. We will also have students text parents whenever we are 30 minutes out from returning to school. Of course, the best way to know were we are is to join in the fun and travel with us!!!
That’s it for now. Don’t forget about our picture day on Thursday, Sept. 12. Individual order forms will be sent home today. Group picture is at 4pm in full uniform.
Please let me know if you have any questions.