Dear Band Family,
This email contains information regarding our final football game of the season as well as our double-header Saturday with competitions at Fred T. Foard HS and Appalachian State.
Friday, 10/27 – Home Football Games vs. Lincolnton HS (Senior Night)
5:45pm – Call time
6:00pm – warmup in auditorium/band room (potential new marchers for next year will join us!)
6:30pm – Senior band members/escorts report to stadium
6:45pm – marching band marches to stadium
6:50pm – Senior ceremony
7:15pm – National Anthem
7:30pm – Kick-off
~8:30pm – Halftime performance of entire show
~9:45pm – Dismissal at overhang
Saturday, 10/28 – Double Header Competitions: Fred T. Foard HS (“Foard Band Classic”) & Appalachian State University (“Appalachian Band Festival”)
8:30am – Call time
8:45am – brief visual warm-up in parking lot
9:00am – pack/change into half uniforms
10:15am – depart NLHS
11:00am – arrive FTFHS/orientation/prep for warmup
12:00pm – warmup
12:55pm – 1st Performance!
1:30pm – Load/Pack/Eat lunch
2:30pm – Depart FTFHS
4:30pm – Arrive ASU/orientation/watch bands in stadium
6:15pm – prep for warmup
6:45pm – warmup
7:30pm – 2nd Performance!
9:15pm – Performance by the ASU marching band
9:30pm – awards
10:30pm – depart ASU
12:30am – arrive NLHS/unload
Things to think about:
1. Please wear either a past band shirt or NL shirt on Friday so your show shirts do not get dirty. Don’t forget long black socks for the uniforms!
2. Rehearsals will start getting chilly (esp. our Thursday evenings!). Please dress accordingly and think ahead! Remember NO JEANS are allowed at rehearsals. Hats are still required.
3. Thinking ahead… our plan for Havelock the weekend of Nov. 3-5 is to leave Friday after school. I will send out logistics with exact times later this week. Please be on the lookout for that info. Start planning for two hotel nights (toiletries and clothing). Most likely we will do a quick beach visit (not to swim) on Sunday before returning home.
4. Indoor percussion, jazz band and winter guard information will be released later this week.
5. Our end of season ENCORE performance will be either Monday, Nov. 6 or Tuesday, Nov. 7 at 7:00pm. I am waiting on final confirmation of reserving the stadium. More info on that event later! It’s a nice way to end a wonderful season!
6. We still have a few items leftover from Roundtable. Please contact the band office if you still need to collect your item. Thanks for letting us use them!
7. The bandroom lost and found is growing! Items will be donated to Goodwill at the end of the season in two weeks!
The end is near, but it ain’t here yet! Continue to push and strive to get better! It’s been a great ride thus far… let’s finish strong and “push” the boundary of our potential!
Please let me know if you have any questions.