Dear band family,
This email contains information regarding our final two competitions of the season plus some additional information.
Pirate Cove Classic @ Porter Ridge HS & The Providence Cup @ Providence HS
Call time is 9:00am. Students will need their show shirts, long black socks, athletic shorts and $$ for dinner in the PHS stadium following our 2nd performance. Please see below for schedule and general information.
9:00am – call time
9:15pm – load/prep *we will load props after our Thursday practice.
10:00am – depart NLHS via activity bus **Lunch provided by boosters en route
11:45am – arrive PRHS/orientation/prep for warmup
12:55pm – Warmup
1:55pm – Performance #1 of Within the Garden!
2:15pm – load equipment/receive snack provided by boosters
3:30pm – depart for PHS
4:30pm – arrive PHS/orientation/go to stadium for dinner and watch bands
6:30pm – prep for warmup
7:00pm – warmup
7:45pm – Performance #2 of Within the Garden!
9:30pm – awards
10:30pm – depart for NLHS
12:00am – arrive NLHS/unload
A few things:
1. We still have a few items from individual families in the band room on a metal cart. Please swing by and claim your items at your earliest convenience.
2. Students will need to bring a jacket for after our performance at Providence. It will be chilly! I will also allow headgear. Bring those hand/foot warmers!
3. Please keep in mind our parade practice schedule and two community parades. While the competitive season is coming to a close, we ain’t done yet! A separate email with reminders about parades will be sent out next week… parades are mandatory for all members and very important for our program as we “give back” to the community that supports us.
4. We are in need of additional snacks, Gatorade, tissues and hand sanitizer with the cold weather descending on us. Please consider donating!
5. Porter Ridge and Providence are wonderful competitions that show off some of Charlotte’s finest groups! I hope many will consider making the 1-1/2 hr. drive to either show and cheer on this wonderful band! We had a WONDERFUL performance at Mooresville on Saturday… super excited for two more wonderful shows this coming weekend!
Please let me know if you have any questions.