Dear Band family,
What a wonderful Preview on Saturday! A good run of our show, “Within the Garden” and a moving performance of the National Anthem! I was very proud of our performance!
This email contains information regarding our second home football game this Friday, September 20.
Home Football Game – Friday, September 20 (vs Bessemer City HS)Call time will be 6:00pm. Students will wear full uniforms for this game. Please remember to wear your show shirts, athletic shorts and long black socks with the uniform. Guard will wear their uniforms (we’ll discuss hair and makeup in class). Students will need $$ for break if they would like to purchase concession food. We will remove jackets in the stands so you must have your show shirt underneath. As this game will be homecoming, we will not perform the show at halftime. Should be an exciting game and a great night for North Lincoln! We will particiapte fully in the homecoming parades Friday during school… I will speak with students about this more at rehearsals this week.
A couple things:
1. Items needed for Roundtable! Please refer to Rob Sanetick’s email here for Sign-up Genius links and information.
2. Please send in name brand name sodas and waters for Roundtable with your student. Students may place those items on the black shelves by my office each morning.
3. We are in need of more CDL drivers for our fleet and buses. Please contact me directly if this is an area you would be interested in helping in.
4. We are looking for parents to “shadow” current committee chairs for the Dewey’s Holiday Store fundraiser, Roundtable, and Uniforms. Several of the current chairs are either graduating out or will have one year remaining after this year, and we need some fresh faces to help out! Again, contact me directly if you are interested and I will get you in touch with the appropriate person.
5. THANK YOU to all the hard working parents who come out in full force yesterday ironing uniforms, loading waters/snacks, loading equipment, driving vehicles, chaperoning, and any other jobs that needed to be done! It was AWESOME seeing a huge presence of band parents surrounding our students. Students, take time to thank a parent!
Lot’s of exciting things going on! The next two weeks will be HUGE as we finish learning the show and start cleaning it. Here we go!
Please let me know if you have any questions.